Why Use BREC For Your Used Vegetable Oil Pickup
Why should we choose BREC rather than a competitor?
There are lots of reasons. Here are the top 5:
- We provide the cleanest containers in the industry.
- We provide automatic pick up service on a frequent, regular schedule.
- We remove the entire container at each service call and leave freshly cleaned replacements.
- We can provide a custom solution to meet your specific needs.
- We are a local company, founded and headquartered right here in the Nation’s Capital.
What happens to the oil and grease that you collect from us?
All of the collected materials are recycled and used to produce useful products right here in Canada. Depending upon market conditions, the waste that we collect has been primarily used as:
- “feed stock” in the production of biodiesel, a clean-burning alternative fuel used in heavy machinery and large trucks.
- an additive (after pasteurization) to manufacture food for cattle, hogs, and poultry.
- A vital component in the production of “biogas” using an anaerobic digester. The biogas is then used to operate generators which in turn, feed electricity into the Ontario grid.
Do you accept motor oil as well as cooking oil?
No! Although used motor oil can also be recycled, it cannot be mixed with cooking oil.
Some other companies pay for used cooking oil and grease. Do you?
In some cases we will pay for top-quality vegetable oil. To justify payment though, some of our service levels have to be lowered to those of our competitors. For example, minimum size pick-ups, no container options, no automatic pick-up scheduling. As a general rule, we will match the price offered by either of our main two competitors PLUS provide a higher level of dependable service.
We simply do not have space for a separate container. What are out options?
Unlike our main competitors, we will remove oil that is contained in properly sealed pails or jugs. Not only do we recycle the oil, but we also recycle 100% of the plastic containers and cardboard packaging.
What part of the National Capital Region do you service?
We presently service most communities within the Ottawa City Limits. These include Kanata, Stiittsville, Carp, Bell’s Corners, Little Italy, Chinatown, Byward Market, Vanier, Barrhaven, and Orleans. We have also just begun to service areas in Gatineau including Hull and Aylmer.
What type of establishments do you service?
We service all types and sizes. Our client base is comprised of individually-owned restaurants, franchises, entire shopping centers and malls, chip wagons, food courts, grocery stores, cafeterias, pizza and shawarma shops, Chinese restaurants, food trucks, golf courses, conference centers, service clubs, bakeries, sports clubs and arenas etc.